ROLE: SENIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
DEPARTMENT: CREATIVE SERVICES
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
DATE/VERSION: DECEMBER 22
At DMS, we are proud to not only have weathered the storm of the last few years, but grown with it and we are continue moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and continue to build on our successes so far.
We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be another very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
CREATIVE SERVICES: THE DEPARTMENT
DMS Creative Services is the in-house production and post-production hub at DMS.
From ideation to final delivery, our mission is to create world-class video content that engages, inspires, entertains, and ultimately connects global audiences with our clients.
We’ve earned our stripes working with Hollywood film studios, independent distributors, TV production companies, luxury brands, international sports organisations and live entertainment companies. From TV commercials, to online promos, social formats, long-form documentaries, junkets, red carpets, virtual Q&As and DOOH… we’ve done it all!
Our dynamic and growing team of sixteen is made of other creative producers, creative directors, production managers, production assistants, motion graphic designers and editors.
We believe that passion and personality matter – so we value energetic individuals with a can-do attitude, who strive for excellence and go the extra mile to support their team.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
We are seeking a Senior Motion Graphics Designer to join our agile team of seventeen in the Creative Services department, and lead our motion graphics team of three.
You should be an expert delivering exceptional creative on brief and on time, within quick turnarounds and in close collaboration with other team members.
You will have previous experience or an interest in managing more junior members of the team. This role offers an opportunity to grow your leadership skills and actively influence the development of the department.
As a Senior Motion Graphics Designer you will create high-end designs and animations for world-class marketing campaigns. Working alongside the Production and Editing team, you will be producing content for major film studios and indie distributors, Broadway and West End shows, sports institutions and commercial brands.
- Conceptualise, design and animate creative content to an advanced standard through 2D and 3D motion design.
- You will create content across a varied a range of formats and outputs: social AV, broadcast and online promos, motion posters, thumbnails, digital display, OOH, etc.
- Depending on the project, you will be required to create original animations from scratch OR based on existing designs (e.g. animate supplied storyboards, localise graphic titles and repurpose branded toolkits).
- Work across a diverse slate of simultaneous projects, confidently multi-tasking against quick turnarounds.
- Collaborate closely with Creative Producers/Directors and Production Managers to understand client requirements and priorities, and to ensure client deadlines and expectations are met at all times.
- You will receive internal and client feedback for all the creative produced.
- You will be invited to participate in creative brainstorms and support new business with concept development/ storyboarding.
- Manage two Motion Graphics Designers (mid-weight). This will involve setting their KPIs, monitoring their performance and supporting them in their career development.
- You will report to the Head of Creative Services.
You will be joining us in an exciting, growing period, so you must be a fast-learner who’s ready to hit the ground running and can thrive under pressure.
Skills & Experience
You have 5+ years of relevant experience crafting 2D and 3D motion graphics at a creative/advertising/media agency, in-house team or post-production house.
You have a diverse portfolio featuring a range of motion design, including Including branded online content, Out-of-Home digital screens, TV spots, typography motion and 2D and 3D examples
- Extremely proficient in Adobe After Effects, including: Trapcode Suite, Colour Keying, Rotoscoping, Mocha for Footage Tracking and Video Copilot Optical Flares.
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficient in C4D.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- You have solid experience working with plugins, render software and Media Encoder.
You have a creative mind and an interest in conceptual work, ideation and storytelling through motion graphics.
Must be able to interpret and implement strict brand guidelines
You are agile and possess solid time-management skills with demonstrable experience working across multiple projects simultaneously and consistently delivering within quick turnarounds.
You are methodical and can quickly learn and follow internal workflows.
Outstanding creative judgement and are able to anticipate challenges, find creative solutions, and communicate these effectively to key stakeholders.
You are a real team-player and don’t mind going the extra mile to support your team, but are also comfortable working independently and owning projects end-to-end.
Have some management or mentoring experience with more junior designers and want to become a team leader.
You have an exceptional attention to detail and pride yourself in reviewing your work carefully before sharing for approval.
You are fluent in English, with excellent communication skills.
Strong work ethic is admirable. You take pride in the quality of your work, finishing projects to the highest standards and playing a key role in the bigger picture of a business.
Experience in concept design and storyboarding is a plus
Management of a small team desirable
Basic knowledge of Cinema 4D, Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition is desirable
Previous experience producing graphics for sports or entertainment brands is a bonus