LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
POSTED: FEBRUARY 2021
SO 2020 THEN….
2020 was, without doubt, the most unique and challenging year of most of our lifetimes. Alongside the devastating human impact of Coronavirus, 2020 has also challenged the industry that we all work in and love but at DMS we are starting 2021 with renewed hope, confidence, optimism and excitement as we plan the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far.
As we start to get ready to open our doors again, to bring our teams back and support the industry as it returns once more, we look to 2021 with optimism and excitement and we are looking for like-minded talent people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage, and to entertain and we look forward once more to playing our part in bringing this back into people’s lives in 2021.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
We are seeking a Motion Graphic Designer to work in our Digital Cinema production department that specialises in the localisation of trailers for global distribution. The role will involve you using your existing Motion Design experience to produce content for deadline driven global trailer launches.
In this role you will;
- produce 2D and 3D motion design, delivery to a professional finish/standard,
- produce content for global trailer launches
- work with the Client Service teams to understand client requirements, their competing priorities and ensuring work is delivered to deadline,
- contribute to the allocation and scheduling of work to the motion graphics team
- mentoring and train junior members of the Design team.
You will be required to work based on a rota pattern that will allow the department to be operational 24 hours a day. You will therefore be working on shifts that include early starts and night shifts so please only apply for this role if you can accommodate this shift working on an ongoing basis. Given the nature of this work we will also need you have some flexibility with your work schedule in working around the trailer launch timings set by the film studios.
THE SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Circa 2 years’ professional media agency Motion Design experience.
- Knowledge of Digital Cinema trailer/DCP workflows,
- The ability to conceptualise, visualise, design and animate design solutions to a high standard against tight deadlines,
- Experience of working on deadline driven projects and launches
- Confident using Adobe programs (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Media Encoder) – this knowledge is essential,
- Skilled in After Effects (scaling, anchor points, rotation, transparency, masking, effects and pre-sets),
- A passion for 3D typography with After Effects plugin knowledge, in particular Element 3D, Video Co-pilot,
- Knowledge of rotoscoping and camera motion tracking,
- Synchronisation of GFX with audio key,
- Experience creating social spots (YouTube mastheads, home entertainment and dynamic subs),
- Good working knowledge of plugins and render software – e.g Red Giant, Video copilot, Boris FX (Sapphire, Continuum).
And additionally, will demonstrate the following attributes.
- A strong work ethic. Someone who take pride in the quality of their work, finishing projects with accurate outputs and meeting deadlines.
- Confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders; knows when it is appropriate to convey a message via email and when it is more appropriate to speak to someone in person.
- The ability to quickly assimilate new instructions and to be able to retain that knowledge to be applied in future,
- Remains focused and methodical in your approach even when working under pressure to meet delivery deadlines
- Collegiate and helpful and forms strong working relationships with their colleagues.
- Is proactive in helping ensure the team deliver, will always come forward to help when the team is busy and will go that extra mile.
- Can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself.
- Seeks to understand the bigger picture and how their role fits within the wider context of our business.