ROLE: JUNIOR QUALITY CONTROL OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT: QUALITY CONTROL
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
DATE/VERSION: DECEMBER 2022
At DMS, we are proud to not only have weathered the storm of the last few years, but grown with it and we are continue moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and continue to build on our successes so far.
We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be another very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control Operator-Perm Night Shift, who is passionate about the Film & TV Industry, to work within our Technical Operations team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the localisation of TV spots, film trailers and social media content for international release for our prestigious, world-renowned clients.
You will be confident in undertaking;
- QC assessment of short-form (e.g. film trailers, TV spots and social media) video and audio content for international broadcast
- Solid knowledge and implementation of industry QC standards and workflows
- Perform accurate QC of subtitles for sync and positioning of content
- Checking localised content against scripts and original versions supplied
- Creating detailed in depth reports and updating key stakeholders on content QC status key
- Reporting findings in a clear and concise manner on our bespoke Online QC system
- Utilise Audition software for its use checking audio levels match the target region/platform’s specifications.
- Manage multiple workloads using bespoke content management software and prioritise urgent projects
- Be proactive in time management and organisation of own individual work
- Confident in communicating with various departments throughout the business and external stakeholders
- Performing accurate attention to detail and spot various errors quickly and effectively
- Remains focused and methodical in your approach
- Proactive working under pressure to meet delivery deadlines
- Is proactive in helping ensure the team deliver, will always come forward to help when the team is busy and will go that extra mile
- Must think with initiative and demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself
- Reviewing and analysing multi-camera sequences to compare between the original files provided by the client and what our operations team have localised to make sure it matches criteria
You will be required to work a permanent night shift support our teams around the globe to support 50 plus territories.
The shifts are Sunday to Thursday working 22:30-07:00
- Have experience using Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition
- A knowledge of digital video file format and encoding/transcoding software an advantage
- A technical understanding of video and audio signals and advantage
- A strong work ethic. Someone who takes pride in the quality of their work, finishing projects with accurate outputs and meeting deadlines