ROLE: JUNIOR MOTION DESIGNER- PERM NIGHT SHIFT
DEPARTMENT: MOTION GRAPHICS
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
DATE/VERSION: SEPTEMBER 2022
At DMS, we are proud to not only have weathered the storm of the last few years, but grown with it and we are continue moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and continue to build on our successes so far.
We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be another very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
DMS delivers a full range of adaptation and localisation services to major film studios across the globe from its central London base. Our services include subtitling, dubbing, editing, colour-grading and visual effects for promotional materials to support worldwide feature film releases for use in cinema and online.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
We are seeking a Perm Night Shift Junior Motion Graphic Designer working within our Technical Operations department specialising in the localisation of film trailers, tv spots and social media output for global distribution for our prestigious, world-renowned clients.
In this role you will;
- produce 2D and 3D motion design, delivery to a professional finish/standard
- produce TV spot cutdowns, social media and promo content
- work with the Client Service teams to understand client requirements, their competing priorities and ensure work is delivered to deadline
- contribute to the allocation and scheduling of work to the motion graphics team
- work alongside the Senior Designers to produce creative concepts for a wide range of promotional media
- mentor and train junior members of the Design team
You will be required to work our night shift hours from 10.30pm-7am and will include a night shift bonus to cover the north American territories.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Circa 1 years’ professional media agency Motion Design experience
- The ability to conceptualise, visualise, design and animate design solutions to a high standard against tight deadlines
- Experience of working on deadline driven projects and launches
- Confident using Adobe programs (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Media Encoder) – this knowledge is essential
- Skilled in After Effects (scaling, anchor points, rotation, transparency, masking, effects and pre-sets)
- A passion for 3D typography with After Effects plugin knowledge, in particular Element 3D, Video Co-pilot
- Knowledge of rotoscoping and camera motion tracking
- Synchronisation of GFX with audio key
- Experience creating social spots (YouTube mastheads, home entertainment and dynamic subs)
- Good working knowledge of plugins and render software – e.g Red Giant, Video copilot, Boris FX (Sapphire, Continuum)
And additionally, will demonstrate the following attributes:
- A strong work ethic. Someone who takes pride in the quality of their work, finishing projects with accurate outputs and meeting deadlines
- Confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders; knows when it is appropriate to convey a message via email and when it is more appropriate to speak to someone in person
- The ability to quickly assimilate new instructions and to be able to retain that knowledge to be applied in future
- Remains focused and methodical in your approach even when working under pressure to meet delivery deadlines
- Collegiate and helpful and forms strong working relationships with their colleagues
- Is proactive in helping ensure the team deliver, will always come forward to help when the team is busy and will go that extra mile
- Can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself
- Seeks to understand the bigger picture and how their role fits within the wider context of our business