ROLE: HR EXECUTIVE
DEPARTMENT: CENTRAL OPERATIONS
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
DATE/VERSION: SEPTEMBER 2022
At DMS, we are proud to not only have weathered the storm of the last few years, but grown with it and we are continue moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and continue to build on our successes so far.
We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be another very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
DMS delivers a full range of adaptation and localisation services to major film studios across the globe from its central London base. Our services include subtitling, dubbing, editing, colour-grading and visual effects for promotional materials to support worldwide feature film releases for use in cinema and online.
DMS is looking for an HR Executive to join our team of 4 professionals delivering proactive and engaging HR to help drive the business forward. The team works across the whole business supporting the whole employee lifecycle and you will be a key member of the team in helping us deliver against our People Plan. The remit of the team, and this role, is varied encompassing everything from payroll processing, organisational design, health and wellbeing initiatives, writing policies and procedures, employee engagement and onboarding. Everyone in the team is very hands-on in ensuring that a top level of service and support is always delivered.
We are looking for someone who wants a role where they will take full ownership for the accurate input and logging of key documentation and information but will also use this knowledge to further their understanding of the make-up of the company and teams and support the rest of the team in any way they can. There will be plenty of room for growth and development for the person who shows the right aptitude and puts themselves forward to grow and learn.
The key requirement of this role is someone who can, even if the tasks are sometimes repetitive,
- Ensure complete accuracy when transferring data across systems – attention to detail is essential!
- Seek to understand the why of what they are doing and how vital their role is in supporting the rest of the team
- Need to have a methodical approach to work as You will often be working from written, complex, detailed instructions
- At times the work is pressurised where we need to meet monthly deadlines and everything has to be in place to meet those deadlines
- Due to the size of the team your work will often be sent directly to senior business stakeholders (Leadership team, Board members etc) who will need to be able to completely rely on what you produce
- Master our in-house HRIS (IRIS and Talent Cloud) as well as excel, survey monkey and WordPress its essential you are technically proficient and quick to pick up new systems
- The HR team at DMS is a well-regarded, professional team and you must seek to uphold this reputation at all times, holding the highest integrity and personal standards
- Complete confidentiality and professionalism are a must and need to be displayed from day one
- You will be expected to juggle multiple tasks and should have a grounded understanding of how to prioritise as well as understand when a task is urgent, with excellent skills in managing stakeholders expectations on delivery
As a small team, we also work closely with our front of house/administrative team where you will be asked to support them with their daily duties on an ad hoc basis if needed, beyond the role of HR but in the broader teamworking spirit of the agency.
We are ideally interested in your application if you have:
- Experience as an HR Administrator/Coordinator/Executive/Assistant supporting an HR team or other background that demonstrates administrative excellence
- Been studying for CIPD qualification or are interested in doing so
- Proficiency in using Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Some understanding of the employee lifecycle and the various areas of HR, we don’t expect you to be an expert but having an understanding to contribute and understand projects you will be asked to carry out would be beneficial
- A basic understanding of UK employment law and general HR terminology
- Experience working in a more creative/entertainment environment would be beneficial but not essential
PLEASE APPLY HERE