LOCATION: LONDON UK
POSTED: OCTOBER 2021
At DMS, our doors are open once again, our teams are back and we are now moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far. We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivery consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content and evaluate its media reach.
DMS delivers a full range of adaptation and localisation services to major film studios across the globe from its central London base. Our services include subtitling, dubbing, editing, colour-grading and visual effects for promotional materials to support worldwide feature film releases for use in cinema and online.
DMS is hiring for a HR Director to join our expanding operations team in London . In this pivotal role you will have the opportunity to directly impact our business in terms of its people and culture as DMS continues to scale extensively in the UK and globally.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team, you will oversee all HR matters and drive HR strategy across all DMS offices including London, LA and Sydney, keeping consistent and in line with group strategy.
Our HR Director will need to embody our key values of passion, drive, integrity and trust. This person will need to champion our culture, own our purpose, whilst supporting people at its core.
- Discussing in depth business strategies, HR challenges and HR plans that can help the business with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relation issues.
- Working with Senior leadership in their key business area to ensure employees have the skills and resources they need to achieve their objectives.
- Developing strategic plans for growth, restructuring and succession and helping relevant staff implement them.
- Coaching Line Managers to motivate their employees and lead more effectively.
- Supporting employee development through training and assessment.
- Management of the HR.
- Producing monthly payroll reports to group.
- Oversee front of house team to deliver facilities and office management duties.
- Oversee the onboarding process and induction of new DMS employees in LA, Sydney and London.
- Well versed in HR systems and analytic tools, whilst recommending best practices in the marketplace.
- Embody our values and champion employee wellbeing.
- Chartered MCIPD.
- In depth knowledge of labour and employment laws.
- Five years plus working in an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner or HR Director role.
- Experience of a working in a Media/Entertainment/Tech or an Agency background desirable.
- Ability to liaise comfortably with all levels of employees from entry level to executive team.
- Experience of working with Global Offices.
- Exceptional level of emotional intelligence, partnership and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills written and verbal.