At DMS, our doors are open once again, our teams are back and we are now moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far. We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivery consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content and evaluate its media reach.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
DMS is seeking a Head of Audio to lead our team within the technical operations department, delivering high quality mixes, to international broadcast standards, for the localised short-form AV content we produce (including film trailers, TV spots and promos) for our world-renowned client base.
The role involves managing a talented team of six including the mentorship of junior and academy members of staff. You will be required to deliver global content covering various territories whilst working to tight deadlines and ambitious timeframes.The Head of Audio will be the main point of content for the team within the wider organisation and will be required to deal with various stakeholders including senior leadership, clients and external talent.
- Producing day to day audio post production work and managing the efficient scheduling of work within the Audio team.
- Producing day to day Audio mixing/dubbing work
- Recording Voice Over sessions
- Scheduling CETA jobs and managing daily workload
- Discussing with Dubbing Mixers if jobs are overrunning or are encountering technical issues
- Ensuring that evening and night shift work is scheduled prior to the end of the day
- Liaising with customer service to ensure job information supplied on CETA is correct and work can commence
- Supporting Customer Service with any technical client queries
- Supporting the Technical Manager with technical operations tasks
- Training new staff. Tracking progress on equipment use and industry practices.
- Liaise with other departments regarding spec and file queries
- Liaise with QC to resolve any quality control issues and ensure audio files are delivered to spec
- Continual review of workflows, highlighting were potential improvements can be made to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Coordinate with other departments to improve the efficiency of our post production workflows for all territories and delivery platforms
- Create and maintain audio workflow guidelines
- Maintain equipment and software inventory in Audio Suites and VO Booth
- Knowledgeable of current international broadcast standards for audio deliverables
- Knowledgeable of technological advancements in the audio industry and how this will affect the agency
- Recruit and schedule freelance cover for holidays and sickness
- Support the Technical Manager to find cover during bank holidays
- Provide recommendations and quotes to management for new purchases
- Research new avenues for revenue in the audio department (eg. 5.1, DCP’s, voice recording outside of localisation, binaural audio for VR and 360 video).
- Attending Management Team meetings
- Minimum 5 professional experience in a post-production audio role
- You must be proficient in Pro Tools
- A solid technical understanding of audio formats required for international broadcast distribution
- Knowledge of Izotope RX is beneficial
- Knowledge of foreign language dubbing is beneficial