LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
POSTED: FEBRUARY 2021
SO 2020 THEN….
2020 was, without doubt, the most unique and challenging year of most of our lifetimes. Alongside the devastating human impact of Coronavirus, 2020 has also challenged the industry that we all work in and love but at DMS we are starting 2021 with renewed hope, confidence, optimism and excitement as we plan the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far.
As we start to get ready to open our doors again, to bring our teams back and support the industry as it returns once more, we look to 2021 with optimism and excitement and we are looking for like-minded talent people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage, and to entertain and we look forward once more to playing our part in bringing this back into people’s lives in 2021.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
We are seeking a Head of Digital Cinema to join our rapidly expanding department, specialising in localisation of Film Trailers for global distribution. The role will involve utilising your industry expertise to build and shape this key area of our business.
This role would be suitable for an individual with circa 5 years’ working in an operations role, specialising in Digital Cinema with the following skills and experience:
- Delivering studio trailer launches across EMEA, LATAM and APAC regions.
- Managing and growing a Digital Cinema technical team from recruitment, training and resource management.
- Coordinating multiple localisation teams and their deliverables across motion graphics, audio dubbing, DCP encoding and QC.
- Communicating with senior-level studio executives to plan and execute trailer launches whilst ensuring delivery to the highest level of quality.
- Managing quality of output whilst delivering projects to strict deadlines.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the technical Digital Cinema workflow.
- Is able to identify new technologies to increase efficiencies within the department.
- Is commercially astute – understands the financial and operational requirements of the business.
- Proactive and hands-on to embed the end-to-end processes.
- Able to work flexible hours in accordance with film release schedules and delivery deadlines