DEPARTMENT: MOTION GRAPHICS (TECH OPS) – PART TIME
LOCATION: LONDON, UK
POSTED: NOVEMBER 2021
At DMS, our doors are open once again, our teams are back and we are now moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far. We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivery consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content and evaluate its media reach.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
A fantastic graduate opportunity to work part-time as part of our Motion Graphic Design team. This role is within our DMS Academy scheme. You will receive full training throughout the year which is perfect support if studying in the motion design field, with regular feedback and structured development milestones. The DMS Academy training scheme is the ideal way to get your career started in the film and broadcast industry, working with experienced industry professionals and working on live campaigns for our prestigious, world-renowned clients.
In this role you will;
- Produce 2D and 3D motion design, delivery to a professional finish/standard.
- Produce TV spot cutdowns, social media and promo content.
- Work with the Client Service teams to understand client requirements and their competing priorities.
- Ensuring work is delivered to deadline.
- Contribute to the allocation and scheduling of work to the motion graphics team.
- Work alongside the Senior Designers to produce creative concepts for a wide range of promotional media.
- Mentoring and train junior members of the Design team.
You will be required to work based on a rota pattern that will allow the department to be operational 24 hours a day. You will therefore be working on shifts that include evenings and weekends so please only apply for this role if you can accommodate this shift working on an ongoing basis.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED
While we do provide training, the following experience and knowledge would be advantageous.
- Experience with Adobe programs (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Media Encoder) – this knowledge is essential.
- The ability to conceptualise, visualise, design and animate design solutions to a high standard against tight deadlines.
- Experience using After Effects (scaling, anchor points, rotation, transparency, masking, effects and pre-sets).
- A passion for 3D typography with After Effects plugin knowledge, in particular Element 3D, Video Copilot.
- Knowledge of rotoscoping and camera motion tracking.
- Synchronisation of GFX with audio key.
- Experience creating social spots (YouTube mastheads, home entertainment and dynamic subs).
- Good working knowledge of plugins and render software – e.g Red Giant, Video copilot, Boris FX (Sapphire, Continuum).
This is a fast-paced environment where you are often required to manage conflicting client demands and delivery on a tight turnaround with no margin for error. Thus, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders; knows when it is appropriate to convey a message via email and when it is more appropriate to speak to someone in person.
- The ability to quickly assimilate new instructions and to be able to retain that knowledge to be applied in future,
- Remains focused and methodical in your approach even when working under pressure to meet delivery deadlines
- Collegiate and helpful and forms strong working relationships with their colleagues.
- Is proactive in helping ensure the team deliver, will always come forward to help when the team is busy and will go that extra mile.
- Can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself.
- Seeks to understand the bigger picture and how their role fits within the wider context of our business.
- Takes responsibility for their own learning and development by challenging themselves to learn new workflows and processes and learn from the team around them.
Ability to work part time.
Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment.