LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
POSTED: FEBRUARY 2021
SO 2020 THEN….
2020 was, without doubt, the most unique and challenging year of most of our lifetimes. Alongside the devastating human impact of Coronavirus, 2020 has also challenged the industry that we all work in and love but at DMS we are starting 2021 with renewed hope, confidence, optimism and excitement as we plan the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far.
As we start to get ready to open our doors again, to bring our teams back and support the industry as it returns once more, we look to 2021 with optimism and excitement and we are looking for like-minded talent people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage, and to entertain and we look forward once more to playing our part in bringing this back into people’s lives in 2021.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
DMS is seeking an experienced Dubbing Mixer to join our technical operations team delivering high quality mixes, to international broadcast standards, for the localised short-form AV content we produce (including film trailers, TV spots and promos) for our world-renowned client base.
Your normal duties will include;
- Audio mixing of in-house post-produced short-form content,
- Foreign language dubbing mixing,
- Feature dialogue sourcing from spotting scripts,
- Voiceover recording with talent,
- Production of international broadcast compliant audio files for layback.
You will be required to work based on a rota pattern that will allow the department to be operational 24 hours a day. You will therefore be working on shifts that include early starts and night shifts. You should be prepared and able to accommodate this shift working on an ongoing basis.
THE SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in a post-production audio role
- You must be proficient in Pro Tools
- A solid technical understanding of audio formats required for international broadcast distribution
- Knowledge of Izotope RX is beneficial
- Knowledge of foreign language dubbing is beneficial
- Experience working on projects in entertainment, lifestyle of leisure sectors beneficial
- Ability to speak other languages would be beneficial.
This is a fast-paced environment where you are often required to manage conflicting client demands and delivery on a tight turnaround with no margin for error. Thus, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- a strong work ethic. Someone who take pride in the quality of their work, finishing projects with accurate outputs and meeting deadlines,
- able to perform under pressure meeting tight deadlines and during those times can remain calm, focused and methodical in your approach and show the same critical attention to detail in these circumstances,
- client-focused and can understand the importance of their work in the context of the wider company focus and seeks to understand the same,
- collegiate and helpful and forms strong working relationships with their team and other departments
- can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability. There will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself.