LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE, SE1
POSTED: MARCH 2021
SO 2020 THEN….
2020 was, without doubt, the most unique and challenging year of most of our lifetimes. Alongside the devastating human impact of Coronavirus, 2020 has also challenged the industry that we all work in and love but at DMS we are starting 2021 with renewed hope, confidence, optimism and excitement as we plan the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far.
As we start to get ready to open our doors again, to bring our teams back and support the industry as it returns once more, we look to 2021 with optimism and excitement and we are looking for like-minded talent people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage, and to entertain and we look forward once more to playing our part in bringing this back into people’s lives in 2021.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
To manage the internal and external development of key DMS bespoke platforms including our Panther Online digital asset review and distribution system and ou Hawk Online media intelligence platform .
To oversee these main projects and merge vital version upgrades to existing system,. the Project Manager will be a key business partner within our support team, who not only assists our clients with resolving issues but plays a vital role in leading and delivering projects end to end.
- Set up, monitor and manage client digital projects from start through to completion including overall, planning, direction, prioritisation and delivery.
- Communicate effectively the desired requirements and actively manage expectations to ensure all team members/ stakeholders are accountable for their role in the project’s overall success.
- Interpret the clients brief and statement of works (SOW) sufficiently including requirements and solutions.
- Act as the liaison between clients, design team and developers. Ensuring that the task requests are understood by all parties and clarify if there is any ambiguity.
- Work closely with the assigned designer and developer to ensure that the project is on time to budget and client expectations are managed.
- Manage the development approval and bug tracking processes with stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain client relationships by regularly communicating and appraising the client on their project, managing expectations in relation to any delays through the project phases.
- Prepare project documentation such as SOWs and weekly status reports
- Keep track of budgets and prepare reports when required.
- Act as a support contact once developed systems have been deployed.
- Liaise with developers to ensure support issues are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Support and direct the Panther Online and PSS client account team with new business pitches, including presentation development, client meetings and corresponding servicing requirements.
- Experience of project management within Media/Creative Industry
- Prince Qualified