We are seeking an experienced editor to join DMS. The Edit team services both the Production and Creative & Digital departments of DMS, working on a variety of content including sports promos, branded comms, promotional materials for the Film & Theatre industries and sizzle reels among other projects.
Reporting to the Head of Edit, you must have at least 5 years’ experience in high end professional post-production and the ability to work across a variety of projects simultaneously as well as the confidence to deal with clients on a daily basis.
The department has 4 other editors, this is a senior role within the team.
It requires a candidate with great client facing skills as we regularly have attended edit sessions. An ability to work to quick turn-around deadlines while never sacrificing attention to detail is also key for the role. We’re a friendly team who all support each other and projects can regularly be passed around several editors before completion. This is a full time 5 days a week role.
Standard working hours are 9:30am until 6pm however this role will include ad hoc evening and weekend work, dependent on client requirements.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is very confident dealing with clients, extremely self-motivated with excellent attention to detail. The successful applicant should be able to cope well under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Premiere Pro (high standard) and After Effects (intermediate & above) other platforms/software packages (eg Davinci Resolve) considered a bonus.
- Experience of working on projects in entertainment, lifestyle or leisure sectors.
- Ability to offer creative solutions to enhance edit output.
- As well as the offline and online editing, you will also be required to have a working knowledge of GFX creation, grading and sound mixing.
- Comprehensive experience of broadcast delivery and technical compliance for various formats including TV, Cinema and online.
- Strong technical understanding of SD & HD digital video and encoding file formats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English required.
- Applicants who reach the final stages of selection are expected to complete a short edit test (2-3 hours) to demonstrate requisite skill level and temperament.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your CV and covering letter telling us why you would like to work with us.
Via email send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we may keep your CV on record for up to 12 months.
DMS are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to a high volume of applications we’re afraid if you don’t hear back from us your application has been unsuccessful this time around. We do encourage you to apply again when you see another suitable role.