We are currently recruiting an individual for an Assistant Accountant role to join our Finance Team in London who will assist the current team in Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger & Credit Control functions and will report to the Finance Director.
The company is going through an exciting phase of growth due to the firm’s burgeoning reputation allowing them to attract new clients across various industries.
Ideally you will have a strong understanding of accounting fundamentals but also be driven to find innovative ways to make the financial management and reporting efficient & productive to suit the business needs.
If you are a good communicator, dynamic, have a can do attitude and a strong will to succeed, are assertive and have a tactful manner we would like to hear from you. In this role you would need to keep calm under pressure, multitask, be flexible & assist the team to meet the strict deadlines.
Role responsibilities – including but not limited to:
- Assisting with keying and matching invoices on the purchase ledger system
- To assist in the preparation and processing of payment runs to suppliers
- To liaise with management Accountant for authorisation of invoice payment
- Sending out the remittance advices
- To handle all calls & queries from customers & suppliers professionally & courteously
- To deal with ad hoc enquiries
- To provide assistance across the Accounts Department as needed
- Bank accounts reconciliations
- General Bookkeeping
- Post and allocate Bacs receipts/payments
- Assist with raising client invoicing and credit notes
- Assist Credit control
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will be educated at degree level and studying AAT/CAT/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent with at least 1 year experience in a similar position.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel & Sage 50
- Strong inter-personal skills and excellent communication skills
- Able to manage own time, highly organised
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
DMS are an equal opportunities employer.
Due to a high volume of applications we’re afraid if you don’t hear back from us within 4 weeks your application has been unsuccessful this time around. We do encourage you to apply again, when you see another suitable role.