At DMS, our doors are open once again, our teams are back and we are now moving forward with optimism and excitement as we enjoy the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far. We are looking for like-minded talented people who want to be part of our journey. It’s going to be a very big year for us and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we are excited to once again be playing our part in bringing the magic of cinema into people’s lives.
WHO WE ARE
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and to come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivering consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content, and evaluate its media reach.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
A fantastic academy opportunity to work as part of our Tech Ops team. This role is part of our DMS Academy scheme. You will receive full training throughout the first year of your tenure with us with regular feedback and structured development milestones. The DMS Academy training scheme is the ideal way to get your career started in the media industry, working with experienced industry professionals and working on live campaigns for our prestigious, world-renowned clients.
The Academy Technical Operator is required to manage the delivery of film/tv content on a tight turnaround for an international audience covering our key nightshift hours. They must be confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders and act with care and due diligence for accuracy on sensitive projects delivered Worldwide.
In this role your regular duties would include;
- Finalising localised film/entertainment content for international distribution (graphics insertion, subtitling, dubbed audio layback)
- Encoding and transcoding files according to various broadcast and online formats
- Producing output in line with specific film and tv technical standard
- Editing TV spot cutdowns, social media and promo content
- Uploading/downloading content to/from various bespoke digital asset management platforms
- Frame rate conversions for content to be viewed on worldwide broadcast systems
- Liaising closely with our operations teams, client services team and our clients
- Turning around projects with accurate outputs and meeting tight deadlines
- To be focused and methodical in your approach even when working under pressure
- Can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself.
- Takes responsibility for their own learning and development by challenging themselves to learn new workflows and processes and learn from the team around them.
As we are a full service agency, you will be required to work overnight to cover our clients requirements whenever they are needed.
While we do provide training, the following experience and knowledge would be advantageous.
- Use of Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and Audition
- A knowledge of digital video file format and encoding/transcoding software
- Experience of working with online and broadcast video formats
- A technical understanding of video and audio signals
- Editing experience with the ability to produce a wide range of content with a quick turnaround